Yay! It’s finally done & published! And don’t worry if you liked the tulip border better, I included that as a freebie in the pattern so you can make either square. Plus you get the cute spiral flower chart too! So if you like life size 3 D hummingbirds sipping nectar from a 3 D flower cluster… here’s your square. I hope you all like it. If anyone has any comments or whatever… or find errors… just post me a message here, on Ravelry or Etsy. Now… I’m taking a deserved 2 days off! LOL
So… I got sort of sucked into a competitive situation with another designer and lost focus on my hummingbird project. Here’s the proof…
GRANNY’S SKULL… a 10″ afghan square AND applique pattern in one. Worked in the round, this skully is easy to make for that hard to please guy in your life… or that Wiccan who just likes skulls… or that Goth daughter of yours who refuses to wear anything but black… or even a gift blanket for that baby boomer weird uncle on your husband’s side who is a Grateful Dead fan… or maybe your biker neighbor named Tiny who would love to have another skull patch on his jacket… or even a nice addition to that cool beanie you’re crocheting for that skater grandson who never likes anything. And if that’s not all… it can double as Halloween décor, Day of the Dead embellishments, or some other spooky thing like that.
Anyway… sorry I haven’t finished the hummingbird square yet but my competitive spirit got me sidetracked. I’ll be releasing the hummingbird really soon… promise. And it’s been greatly improved!
But for now… you can find Granny’s Skull Square on my Ravelry store by clicking the links here or clicking the photos.
Purchase the pattern at ChelseaCraft Ravelry store here :
The Hummingbirds in Flight is a brand new 12″ square made in crochet overlay technique that creates a 3D effect. This pattern is in testing and will be made available for sale on my Ravelry and Etsy stores. I’m hoping this will be just the first of a series of these overlay squares.
UPDATE ON THIS PROJECT 03/02/2014
Well, as I knew when I got the inspiration for this square, it’s a real hair puller. Not only have I totally tweaked the whole thing so the pattern has to be virtually re-written, but I’ve got to take a full set of photos as well for the tutorial bits so that intermediate skilled crocheters can tackle this lovely thing. I’ve become rather perfectionist on this project because I literally got the idea for it in a dream. So to make it closer to my dream I have now altered it to this:
I just don’t like the red throats but finding it hard to come up with an authentic looking ruby throat so people know it’s hummingbirds. I also didn’t like the weight and heft of this green yarn. But I finalized my pattern and that’s what’s important. I’m leaving some details optional so people can personalize the square more. Anyway, it should be finished within the week if all goes as planned. I think this is going to be my best design yet. I just can’t wait to make it into an afghan.